Wednesday 11 June 2008

Nick Cave - Cave Swaps Piano For Kids Organ

Australian rocker NICK CAVE has given up writing songs on the piano - preferring instead to use a children's organ he bought his kids for Christmas.

The Nick Cave + The Bad Seeds rocker purchased a toy keyboard for his seven-year-old twin boys, Arthur and Earl, but liked the sound of the instrument so much he took it back and started penning tunes on it.

And Cave insists the toy organ features heavily on the band's new album More News From Nowhere.

He says, "I tried to think what was the defining thing of the Bad Seeds over the last few years, and it was me sitting at a piano. So I thought, if we get rid of that, then the record's gonna be different.

"My kids - the twins - got an organ for Christmas. It's just a toy one, with a beat in it. So I took it off them and wrote four or five songs on that. You can't write anything that isn't joyous on this f**king thing."




See Also